Wednesday, October 5, 2022

New Himeko Song And What I've Been Working On / Upcoming Projects

 

So, this was a longer gap between posts than I intended, but I've been super busy, so it happens (and likely will happen again lol)

First things first, NEW HIMEKO SONG OUT NOW: https://soundcloud.com/himeko_katagiri/hey-this-isnt-baseball

The song is titled, Hey, This Isn't Baseball, and its part of my upcoming dark lolicore revival album. I've always really loved the dark side of lolicore, and its so uncommon now these days, so that's the whole idea of the album, to remind people that this sound exists (and explore actually making it myself). Technically, I actually started this album quite a long time ago, but I have so many projects it can take awhile for an album to actually reach completion, but this is one of my main focuses as of now as I'm having a lot of fun with it.

A bit about the song, I was playing shitty eroge as I often do, one was baseball themed, and it gave me a wild idea of making a dark lolicore song with a baseball theme. I could hear it in my head so I knew it would work, so ripped some eroge vocals, gathered some baseball samples (organs and SFX), and made the tune. This track was actually made live on Discord, it was fun, might do again (maybe on Twitch even, we'll see). Anyways, I really love how this came out.

As for other projects, I've been back to hyperactive, but a lot of it can't be shared just yet. There's a lot of freelance composition work happening, I made music for an upcoming VRC event (details TBA), am working on another game soundtrack (which is coming out really awesome so far, but game wont be out for two months tops), and a lot more projects, both personal and freelance. There's a lot of upcoming Himeko albums and EPs too, got a lot in progress, and stuff is actually being worked on all the time now. Its really awesome being back in the groove, was burnt out for super long barely making stuff.

Anyways, that's all for now~~

No comments:

Post a Comment