Thursday, April 13, 2023

Vziel Projet Listening List 14: Hooligan Faust - Farnsworth Determinant

 

Artist: Hooligan Faust
Genre: Avant-Garde Classical
Label: Genetic Trance
CAT#: GT929
Year: 2018

The stuff Vziel does under the name of Hooligan Faust has always been really interesting me. Often is avant-garde classical and/or melodic tunes with a heavy focus on outdated and bizarre soundfonts, as well as pitching various percussion and sound effects. Farnsworth Determinant is one of my favorite releases of the alias, a two track EP, and I love the weird soundfonts and sounds in the title track; reminds me a lot of old PC games that I used to play as a kid. The second track is cool too with a heavy focus on percussion and a more minimal approach, with some of the motifs of the title track re-appearing.

Listen to it here: https://genetictrance.bandcamp.com/album/farnsworth-determinant

No comments:

Post a Comment